Postpartum doula care
This is a time for us to meet in person, discuss my services and what you are looking for in a doula. There is no charge for this.
- Recovery guidance and information
- Breastfeeding support with hands on guidance and information
- Infant soothing and massage
- Parent attachment & bonding
- Newborn care (bathing, diapering)
- Baby wearing
- Womb wrapping
- Light kitchen tidying and food prep
- Sibling care
- Breast pump assistance (correct use & washing)
- Information and referrals
- Additional support & resources surrounding postpartum depression and other mood disorders
At the beginning of my shift we will identify goals for that day. With a newborn in the house, often times each day looks different. I currently offer postpartum care in the evenings in 4 or 6 hour shifts, billed hourly. My work starts at 6pm, and ends at either 10pm or midnight (depending on family preference). This is an important time of day to make sure the entire family is fed, clean and ready for the night.